We desire to see the local churches of Eastern Congo ignite spiritual and economic transformation across Congo and beyond!
ALERT exists to equip and empower the local church both economically and spiritually for the purpose of seeing poverty eradicated and the sending out of local and global missional partners
How We Accomplish This:
1. Leadership development through Christ-based servant leadership teachings (Luke; Philippians 2)
2. Community development. Training in various skills for economic independence including farming, retail, business development and entrepreneurialism.
3. Peacemaking transformation training that enables members to understand and solve conflicts through Biblical, modern and traditional proven methods.
4. Training the church on the Biblical mandate for the sending out of their own missional partners (Matthew 28). This is currently not occurring in the Congolese church.
1. Knowledge: ALERT desires to be a center of learning for church leaders who desire to teach the Lordship of Christ over All of life (Colossians 1:15-20; Hosea 4:6).
2. Service: ALERT is committed to serve local churches in helping members to acquire necessary educational resources for spiritual and economic growth. Bringing edification and the proclamation of the “whole gospel to the whole person” (Mk. 10: 45; Matt. 20: 28; Matt. 28:19).
3. Integrity: ALERT, as a Christian ministry is called to reflect the Biblical values of honesty and integrity. These principles are displayed across all facets of our organization through our transparency, communication and training. (Prov. 10:9; 11:3; 12:22; 2 Co. 8:21).
4. Peace: ALERT strives to bring peace directly or indirectly where there are open or latent conflicts (Matt. 5:9; Rom. 12:18; Hebr. 12:14)
5. Mission: ALERT seeks to be a Mission developing and equipping organization. We seek to partner with the local church in developing a biblical model of missions through which they can send out their own partners, joining the global body in reaching and engaging all nations with the Gospel.
”Though he is small of stature, Kisongo is a giant in Bukavu, one of eastern
Congo’s leading cities. To watch him in action as a teacher, counselor, sheppard, translator and advocate for a Christian approach to human flourishing is to watch someone who has been mastered by Jesus Christ and who gives his life away for his people. I am honored to serve with him and to envision God’s great work through him to advance the spiritually-needed healing of that region.”
Dr. Robert Osburn, Wilberforce Academy
Why we do this good work...
“Though the promise of African Christianity is great, the church of Africa must wrestle with dilemma of Christianity that may be expanding at the periphery even while it is collapsing at the center. Leadership development and the training of laity seem to be the crucial needs of this continent shaped like a question mark.”
Mark Shaw, Director of World Christianity Program at Africa International University in Nairobi, Kenya.
Why we partner...
“God’s Spirit will call the people from the East to join hands with the people from the West and the people from the North to join hands with the people from the South and all will seek the other’s good.”
Clarence Jordan (1912 – 1969), Founder of Koinonia Farm.